In addition to its work on novel active ingredients, GAOMA Therapeutics is also developing innovative lipidic vectors, with the objective to offer :
- A protection of active ingredients during passage in the stomach.
- The ability to favor a release of the active ingredient either in the proximal or distal part of the intestine.
- The ability to favor either a rapid or a prolonged release of the active ingredient.
- A higher solubility in blood for lipophilic active ingredients.
- A protection of active ingredients against certain enzymatic degradations.
- A possibility to increase the blood-brain barrier (BBB) passage.
These vectors are still at an early stage of development. Later on, GAOMA intends to explore their use with its own active ingredients, but potentially also to propose collaborations to other pharmaceutical companies.